The Combined Degree Programs for UTSC Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with the Master of Accounting and Finance (MAccFin) offered by the Graduate Department of Management allow exceptional students who are registered in one of the Specialist/Specialist Co-op programs identified below to apply during Year 2 of their undergraduate studies, and be considered, for admission to the MAccFin program. They are designed for students with no prior work experience who are interested in pursuing careers in account management, wealth management, consultancy, and entrepreneurship.
The Combined Degree Programs options are:
- Management and Accounting (Specialist), Bachelor of Business Administration/ Master of Accounting and Finance
- Management and Accounting (Specialist Co-op), Bachelor of Business Administration/ Master of Accounting and Finance
- Applicants must apply to the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program, the MAccFin program, and the CDP.
- Qualified student in Year 2 of their BBA degree program apply to the MAccFin program and their chosen CDP through the SGS Online Admission Application system:
- Students may apply after they have completed up to 10.0 credits; however, students who have completed more than 10.0 credits may not be considered for admission to the Program.
- Applicants must:
- Complete a standardized application form with customized fields through the SGS Online Application System;
- Provide official transcripts;
- Provide at least two reference letters; and
- Provide a resume.
- Applicants will be scored on each admission requirement and then ranked based on their overall score. Top ranked applicants will be invited for an interview.
Minimum Admission Requirements:
Admission to the program is extremely competitive, and all aspects of the application are considered. Meeting minimum grade requirements does not guarantee admission. To be considered for conditional admission to the MAccFin program and the selected CDP, applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
- Be admitted to the BBA degree and one of the Management and Accounting Specialist programs at UTSC.
- Meet the minimum admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies and the MAccFin program.
- Be enrolled full-time and in good standing in the BBA program:
- have a B+ average (CGPA of 3.3) or higher in Year 2;
- carry a full course load of 5.0 credits each year (i.e., complete 5.0 credits over the three academic sessions - Fall, Winter, Summer); where necessary, exceptions will be made for students in Co-op programs.
- Complete all of the requirements of the Management and Accounting Specialist programs, with the following modifications:
- MGEC08H3 replaces "1.0 credit in C-level Economics courses" (see component 3 of the program requirements);
- students are exempted from MGEB12H3 and MGAD70H3;
- Students must complete MGFD10H3 (0.5 credit in Finance courses);
- in the Summer terms of Year 3 of their undergraduate studies, students must complete 1.0 FCE in graduate courses as described below. The 1.0 FCE in graduate courses will be graded as graduate courses, as per the University Assessment and Grading Practices Policy, 2012 (section B.4.1.2). The 1.0 FCE in graduate courses will count towards both the BBA degree and the MAccFin program and degree:
- MAF 2001H
- MAF 2002H
- Students must complete all of the following advanced accounting courses, which are necessary for CPA designation: MGAD20H3, MGAD40H3, MGAD45H3, MGAD50H3, MGAD65H3.
Program Requirements and Path to Completion:
- Year 4: BBA degree requirements
- students must complete all BBA program requirements, with the modifications described above, and degree requirements;
- students are expected to carrry a full course load of 5.0 credits over the three academic sessions (Fall, Winter, Summer) of each year; where necessary, exceptions will be made for students in Co-op programs.
- Session 1: MAccFin program and degree requirements, with the following modifications:
- students who have successfully completed MAF 2001H as part of their BBA requirements, do not need to repeat it;
- students who have successfully completed MAF 2002H as part of their BBA requirements, do not need to repeat it.
- Session 2-4: remaining MAccFin program and degree requirements.