- H. Arik, B.A. (Bogazici University), M.A. (Central European University), Ph.D. (York), Assistant Professor
- G. Brauen, B.Sc (New Brunswick), M.C.S, Ph.D. (Carleton), Associate Professor, Teaching Stream
- M. Buckley, B.Sc., M.E.S. (York), Ph.D. (Oxford), Associate Professor
- M. F. Bunce, B.A. (Sheffield), Ph.D. (Sheffield), Associate Professor Emeritus
- S.C. Bunce, B.A. (Guelph), M.E.S. Pl. (York), Ph.D. (York), Associate Professor
- M. Ekers, B.Sc., (Lakehead), M.E.S. (York), Ph.D. (Oxford), Associate Professor
- S. Farber, B.A. (McGill), M.S.A (Ryerson), Ph.D. (McMaster), Associate Professor
- M. Hunter, B.A. (Sussex), M.A. (Univ. of Natal), Ph.D. (Univ. California Berkeley), Professor
- R. Goffe, B.Arch. (Temple University), Ph.D. (City University of New York), Assistant Professor
- C. Higgins, B.A. (Brock), M.A. (McMaster), Ph.D. (McMaster), Assistant Professor
- T. Kepe, B.Agric. (Fort Hare), M.Sc. (Guelph), Ph.D. (Western Cape), Professor
- N. Latulippe, B.A. (Nipissing), M.A. (Guelph), Ph.D. (Toronto), Assistant Professor
- K. MacDonald, B.A., M.A., Ph.D. (Waterloo), Associate Professor
- J. R. Miron, B.A. (Queen's), M.A. (Penn.), M.Sc. (pl.), Ph.D. (Toronto), Professor Emeritus
- S. Mollett, B.A., M.E.S. (York), Ph.D. (Toronto), Associate Professor
- S. Montero, B.A. (Granada), M.A., Ph.D. (UC Berkeley), Associate Professor
- R. Narayanareddy, MESc. (Yale University), Ph.D. (Minnesota), Associate Professor
- N. Oswin, B.A. (Toronto), M.A. (Dalhousie), Ph.D. (University of British Columbia), Associate Professor
- E.C. Relph, B.A., M.Phil. (London), Ph.D. (Toronto), Professor Emeritus
- I. Szeman, B.A. (Queen’s), M.A. (Western), Ph.D. (Duke), Professor
- A. Sorensen, B.F.A. (Nova Scotia College of Art and Design), M.Sc., Ph.D. (London), Professor
- I. Szeman, B.A. (Queens), M.A. (Univ. of Western Ontario), Ph.D. (Duke), Professor
Chair: T. Kepe
For curriculum inquiries please contact the Geography Program Advisor.
For more information, visit the Department of Human Geography website.
Geography is a broad-ranging subject. As a social science, it is concerned with the spatial patterns of human activity and the character of regions and places. It is a subject that is well placed to explore the complex relationships between society and the natural environment as well as the social and economic problems of human land use and settlement. It, therefore, complements other programs such as: City Studies, Environmental Science, Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Economics for Management Studies and International Development Studies. Geography courses are also listed as options in several UTSC programs including City Studies, Economics, Environmental Studies, Health Studies, International Development Studies, Public Policy and Women's and Gender Studies.
Combined Degree Programs, Honours Bachelor of Arts/ Master of Teaching
The Combined Degree Programs for UTSC Honours Bachelor of Science (HBSc)/ Honours Bachelor of Arts (HBA) with the Master of Teaching (MT) offered by the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education provide students with a direct pathway to the completion, in 6 years, of their Undergraduate degree, Ontario Teacher’s Certificate of Qualifications, and Master’s degree. These Combined Degree Programs allow students to complete 1.0 credit in courses that may be counted towards both degrees.
The Combined Degree Programs options are:
- Combined Degree Program: UTSC, Honours Bachelor of Arts, Specialist in Human Geography/ Master of Teaching
- Combined Degree Program: UTSC, Honours Bachelor of Arts, Major in Human Geography/ Master of Teaching
Program Combination Restrictions
The Specialist, Major and Minor programs in Human Geography cannot be combined.
For more information, including Admission and Program requirements, see the Combined Degree Programs section of the Calendar.
*Indicates a course that crosses two areas of focus.
|Urban Geography||Social/Cultural Geography||Environmental Geography|