- X. Huo, B.A. (Sichuan International Studies University), M.A. (York, UK), Ph.D. (York, Canada), Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream
- N. Johnston, B.A. (Trent), M.A., Ph.D. (York), Associate Professor, Teaching Stream
- E. Khoo, B.Sc. (U. of Malaysia), M.A. (U. of Reading), Ph.D. (U. of South Queensland), Associate Professor, Teaching Stream
- S. King, B.A. (Glendon), M.A., Ph.D. (U. of Western Ontario), Associate Professor, Teaching Stream
- K. McCrindle, B.A. (York), M.A., Ph.D. (Toronto), Associate Professor, Teaching Stream
- H.L. Meacock, B.A. (Trent), M.A. (York), Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream Emerita
- K. Persaud, B.Sc. (Toronto), B.Ed. (U. of Western Ontario), Ph.D. (McMaster), Associate Professor, Teaching Stream
- Z. Shahbazi, B.Sc. (Sharif University of Technology), M.Sc., Ph.D. (Toronto), Associate Professor, Teaching Stream
- G. Sharzer, B.A., M.A., Ph.D. (York), Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream
- S. Stevenson, B.A., M.A., Ph.D. (Maryland), Lecturer, Emerita
Director: K. McCrindle Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) provides leadership in educational excellence through supporting and inspiring transformative and inclusive teaching and learning. CTL advises and collaborates with all instructors to support an interactive community of scholarly teaching excellence, inquiry and innovation. CTL also engages with all students, individually and through course support and other learning initiatives, to enhance foundational skills required for coursework and beyond. CTL support includes:
- Facilitated Study Groups which are weekly collaborative learning sessions for selected UTSC courses.
- Math and Statistics Support is open to all students who wish to improve their quantitative reasoning skills, and includes workshops and drop-in help for students in specific Mathematics and Statistics courses.
- Writing Support assists student learning in any discipline at any stage of the writing process, and offers one-to-one and group instruction.
- The Experiential Learning program connects students with on- and off-campus experiential placement opportunities to deepen their academic learning.
- English Language Development Support provides English Language learners with programming that includes individual appointments with writing experts, interactive and Cafe-style game-based learning sessions.
CTL also offers courses that focus on skill and personal development. CTLA01H3 and CTLA02H3 are designed for English Language Learners to help them bring their academic English skills to a level that matches their other strong academic skills. CTLB03H3, our experiential learning course, is open to students in all disciplines who want hands-on opportunities to use and enhance their academic knowledge.
To learn more, visit:
English Language Development Support website.
Facilitated Study Groups website.
Math and Statistics Support website.
Experiential Learning website,
Writing Support website.
Resources for Faculty, Instructors, Graduate Students, and Teaching Assistants:
Academic Continuity at UTSC
Learning Management System (Quercus) and other Educational Technology
Teaching Support for Faculty and Instructors
Teaching Assistant Training and Graduate Student Support