- Faculty List
- P. Artymowicz, M.Sc. (Warsaw University), Ph.D. (N. Copernicus Astron. Center, Polish Academy of Sciences), Professor
- J. Bayer Carpintero, B.Sc. (Los Andes, Bogota), M.Sc., Ph.D. (Toronto), Associate Professor, Teaching Stream
- C.C. Dyer, B.Sc. (Bishop's), M.Sc., Ph.D. (Toronto), Professor Emeritus
- A. Jacobs, B.A.Sc., B.Sc. (Waterloo), Ph.D. (Illinois), Professor Emeritus
- J.D. King, B.A. (Toronto), Ph.D. (Saskatchewan), Professor Emeritus
- G. Lorincz, B.Sc., M.Sc. (Toronto), Associate Professor Emeritus, Teaching Stream
- J.P. Lowman, B.Sc. (Toronto), M.Sc., Ph.D. (York, Canada), Professor
- K. Menou, B.Sc. (Angers), M.Sc. (Toulouse), Ph.D. (Paris XI), Associate Professor
- J.M. Perz, B.A.Sc., M.A.Sc. (Toronto), Ph.D. (Cantab), Professor Emeritus
- H. Rein, M.A.St. (Cambridge), Ph.D. (Cambridge), Associate Professor
- S. Tawfiq, B.Sc., M.Sc. (Al-Mustansiriyah), Ph.D. (Trieste, Italy), Associate Professor, Teaching Stream
- D. Valencia, B.Sc., M.Sc. (Toronto), Ph.D. (Harvard), Associate Professor
- D. Weaver, B.Sc., B.Ed., M.Sc., Ph.D. (Toronto), Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream
Students considering, or enrolled in, a program in Physical Sciences listed below should note the following:
- Given the current nature of research in the Physical Sciences, students interested in any of the programs listed below are advised to take an introductory course in programming in their first year of studies when it is not already a program requirement. Suitable options include CSCA08H3 for students with interest in subsequent programming courses or CSCA20H3 for students without interest in subsequent programming courses.
- MATB24H3 is a strongly recommended option for students in their second year of studies following any of the programs listed below when it is not already a program requirement. This course will enhance the mathematical preparation of students for topics in core areas of Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetism, and Quantum Mechanics, as well as provide quantitative and analytical skills needed for advanced studies in most fields in physical sciences.
- PHYD01H3 and PHYD72H3 have a minimum CGPA requirement of 2.5. Students who do not meet the minimum requirement will not be given permission to take these courses and will not be able to complete programs that include these courses as a requirement.
Combined Degree Programs, Honours Bachelor of Science/ Master of Teaching
The Combined Degree Programs for UTSC Honours Bachelor of Science (HBSc) /Honours Bachelor of Arts (HBA) with the Master of Teaching (MT) offered by the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education provides students with a direct pathway to the completion, in 6 years, of their Undergraduate degree, Ontario Teacher’s Certificate of Qualifications, and Master’s degree. These Combined Degree Programs allow students to complete 1.0 credits in courses that may be counted towards both degrees.
The Combined Degree Programs options are:
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences (Specialist), Honours Bachelor of Science/ Master of Teaching
Program Combination Restrictions in Physical Sciences
Programs in Astronomy, Physical Sciences, and Physics and Astrophysics cannot be combined.
For more information, including Admission and Program requirements, see the Combined Degree Programs section of the Calendar.